Some random observations having been back in Pontevedra for three days, after a five month absence:-
- The town is as tidy and as apparently prosperous as ever. If you ignore all the closed shops.
- There are some new roundabouts to negotiate. Of course.
- People still walk straight out of shops in front of you.
- The countryside is blighted with unfinished houses and developments.
- None of the 17 houses behind mine have been bought/occupied yet.
- The Atlantic Blanket is as much a spirits-dampener as ever.
- The women are as feminine and as attractive as ever. And the men just as masculine. Which is the way it should be.
So, Plus ça change . . .
On an even lighter note, here's a little tale I heard today:-
Mrs Merkel flew into Athens and had the following conversation with the Immigration Officer at the airport:-
No, just a few days.
Short and sweet.