Spanish life is not always likeable but it is compellingly loveable.
- Christopher Howse: A Pilgrim in Spain.
If you've arrived here because of an interest in Galicia or Pontevedra, see my web page here.
Life in Spain
- Interested in buying an entire village here in Spain? Click on this:
- Set against the slow pace of innovation in Spain, it's realy quite remarkable how early British supermarkets - and I guess, their US counterparts - are in introducing new products and methods of payment. The latest is identification via your fingerprint.
- Somethingthat doesn't happen every day, even in Spain.
- The Spanish language: Here's The Local's view of the 11 most annoying false friends for English speakers.
- Cataluña: Here's (unsurprisng) news from The Local (in English) and here's the perspective of Matthew Bennet on the latest developments there, in Spanish. Boy are things warming up. Not just a mere war of words, as betweeen Trump and the fat guy with the strange haircut. It's a good job Barcelona doesn't have much by way of military hardware.
Do you like to use cash sometimes? Well, you might not be able to do so for much longer. Click here to see why I say this.
The EU: As I regularly say, Richard North is a long-time opponent of British involvement in this and is, of course, a Brexiteer. But one with a difference; he has long had a flexible plan (Flexit) for a gradual withdrawal. He is still pulling his hair out at the stupidity of both the British media and the British political class. Click here to find out why. BTW . . . Those Remainers who moan about 'lies' used during the referendum campaign would do well to read North's fascinating book on how Brits were conned into going into the EU in the first place. The Great Deception, it's called. You can guess why.
None. It ended yesterday with sightseeing in lovely Toledo and we all depart for home today. I might just come back to it tomorrow.
Meanwhile . . . Here's a (poor) foto of the stunning railway station in Toledo, which I've just returned from, with tickets for tonight:-
And here, finally, is a foto of my refined procedure for charging my laptop. For the technically minded, the pins are now kept in by a strip of elastoplast, replacing an elastic band. And there is a sachet of sugar under the top of the spout, to attain the correct height for the charger . . . .