Dawn

Dawn

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

My friend and fellow-blogger Manoel [theremon.blogspot.com] has taken me to task for suggesting that Spanish TV Olympics coverage is dominated by beach volleyball. He says that this is only on for the first half hour each day. Fair enough. But, as I said to him, if anyone Spanish is reading our stuff, I imagine he stands a far greater chance of being lynched than I do.

The local police have announced the arrest of a 57 year-old man who is alleged to be the pyromaniac responsible for around 50 of the forest fires of earlier this year. One problem is catching such people, say the police, is the reluctance of villagers to give information about something they don’t regard as much of a crime. I suppose that, if a fire devoured their house and a couple of kids, they might take a different view. Though perhaps not, if it were only a spouse.

WordWatch
Un vip [pronounced ‘bip’] – A celebrity. Or VIP.

No comments: