Dawn

Dawn

Friday, May 20, 2005

Oh dear, another banking tale. I went today to follow up a letter of instruction I’d taken on Wednesday. As I had to wait 10 minutes outside the cubicle of my ‘Personal Financial Adviser’ I couldn’t help hearing that most of this was spent in social chit chat with the previous customer. I mention this because, after greeting me effusively, my PFA advised that he’d been just too busy to deal with my letter. He assured me of this repeatedly as he put on his jacket prior to departing for his mid-morning coffee with one of his colleagues. Sometimes I feel I haven’t so much changed countries as planets. What left me truly astonished is that he not only genuinely felt he hadn’t had the time but also that I’d be impressed with this excuse proffered as he was about to take his sacrosanct break. Perhaps, if I were Spanish, I would be. As it is, I’m just moving my money to another bank. Which will probably strike anyone Spanish reading this as a completely pointless gesture.

Anyway, that’s it for today. Saturday looms and, from the stats, I get the impression that most of my wonderful readers don’t own their own computer and so take advantage of their office facilities to read my blog during the working week. Or perhaps, as my elder daughter put it, “Let’s face it, Dad. Most people have much better things to do at the weekend than read your crap”. And she should know; she’s the professional writer [i. e. penniless], whereas I’m just an amateur mired in luxury.

Oh yes, for anyone interested in buying property in Galicia, I’ve just added information on the Lower Miño region to my web page [colindavies.net]. Plus a short dissertation on weather patterns here.

No comments: