Dawn

Dawn

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Just one example of the English met on our recent trip, from a hotel questionnaire…
Why did you choose our establishment?
1. I knew it from a previous occasion
2. I saw it occasionally passing along
3. I saw a sing beside the motorway

Given their tendency to take the children with them wherever they go, I sometimes wonder how Spanish adults can have a serious evening together. At 1.30 this morning – when I finally put in my maximum strength earplugs – the kids next door were still running through the house playing a game that seemed to demand a good deal of shouting and knocking. Which reminds me, Tony is back from the sea.

Actually, when your main objective in life is to maximise fun, having a serious evening comes way down the list.

Quote of the Day

Anyone familiar with long road journeys has witnessed homicidal overtaking, intimidatory tailgating and the sudden, unsignalled stop or reversing down a motorway exit.
Someone talking about France. Or so he claims.

No comments: