Dawn

Dawn

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Well, the theory here was that the Spanish referee gave that appalling gift penalty to Italy last night so that the Italian referee would return the favour tonight. And so he did, showing that all conspiracy theories can’t be wrong. But Spain failed to capitalise on it and Thierry Henry went for an Oscar. Worse still, he got it. Losing most of the shine from himself in the process. All very disappointing. But, despite that, I hope France play well against Brazil on Saturday. And get beaten 5-0.

At this rate, I’m going to end up supporting the English journeymen.

And that’s it for tonight. Nothing else of importance happened today. Except I was woken early this morning by the triple whammy of Tony bawling next door, a machine drilling granite outside my front door and a helicopter taking part in a huge drugs raid in the nearby gypsy camp. Have I mentioned that Spain is a noisy place?

No comments: