Dawn

Dawn

Friday, April 10, 2009

Galicians have always been good at exporting themselves so I wasn’t surprised to read that the two big new cabinet appointments were both from Galicia. As it happens, the first meeting for each of them in their new roles was with the other. Which raises the question of whether they chatted in Spanish or in Gallego.

Which reminds me . . . Both the form for the renewal of my library card and the letter I got this week from El Consumo about my dispute with Ya.com were only in Gallego. Fine, but I wonder whether things will change now that the Galician Nationalist party no longer has a (disproportionately heavy) hand on the reins of power.

Finally, can I say a big Hello to the 17 Followers to this blog. I understand this is Google’s version of a social network and you are a ‘community’ but I haven’t yet been able to figure out how it all works. And a big thanks, too, to the 66 lovely folk who have an RSS feed via Google Reader from [to?] my blog. Happy Easter to you all. And to all other readers, of course.

But isn’t the number 66 connected with the Devil? Or is that 666? Long way to go, if so.

No comments: