Dawn

Dawn

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Well, it was a long but enjoyable day at the family wedding today, starting with a church service at 12.00 and running right through to our departure from the evening event at 11pm. I knew we were in Britain when the vicar announced that the church was in a conservation area and that only biodegradable confetti was to be thrown. And when the lunch menu stressed that the coffee was Fair Trade. And when the evening dinner and disco provided yet more examples of what my brother-in-law had, earlier in the day, referred to as “well-fed girls”. With tattoos. Not to mention drinks prices in the stratosphere.

My elder daughter, Faye, couldn’t make it as she’s in Buenos Aires taking serious tango lessons. But my younger daughter, Hannah, had just flown in from the USA and here’s her photo, to prove the point I made a while ago that they were both lucky enough to inherit their looks from their mother.


And here’s me, Han and my mother, who’d celebrated her 65th wedding anniversary yesterday.


Finally, I’d lust like to say that the aggregate of the 26 lovely Followers of this blog and the 74 who access it direct via Google Reader has finally reached 100. This made me feel good this morning. Until I realised there might be an overlap. But, then, Google’s Blog Alert for Galicia did include mine last week – a rare occurrence. So it was still a good week.

No comments: