Dawn

Dawn

Saturday, November 06, 2010

This being spontaneous Spain, tonight’s post fell foul of a last-minute dinner party. Especially as it was at my house.

But, as some wit once said, tomorrow is another day. And I’ll leave you now with the knowledge that the original USA motto E pluribus unum (Out of many, one) first appeared in Virgil’s poem Moretum – to describe salad dressing.

Oh, and I might as well add this . . .

Tailnote for new readers: My daughter tells me she’s had over 600 hits to her new novel. Which must say something. The first nine chapters of this fine work can now be downloaded in pdf form, for easy reading. It’s a “Fast-paced political thriller but, above all, a personal tale of pride and paranoia.” Set in a fictionalised Cuba, it’s being e-published at the rate of at least a couple of chapters a week. If this entices you, click here.

No comments: