Dawn

Dawn

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Every time I pass through Liverpool airport it's got bigger. But not necessarily better. The expansions always seem to be designed to accommodate more shops. To help fleece the captive clientele with time on it hands.

I took advantage of the two flights necessary to get to Vigo to read from start to finish William Dalrymple's account of his journey through Spain way back in 1774. He doesn't actually hazard any views on the Spanish character until the final pages and I will post these later on. Perhaps tonight.

The good news back in Pontevedra is, firstly, that I have agreed a price for the sale of my house in the hills and, secondly, the construction of two huge roundabouts on the edge of the city has moved closer to completion.

Seen on the streets of Pontevedra this morning - a woman walking along bearing a plaque on her chest saying I WANT JUSTICE. I wonder what for and will have to ask around.

Also seen on the streets - Far more pretty women than one tends to see in the UK. Suddenly, I feel a lot younger . . .

No comments: