Yesterday I quoted some right-wing rhetoric from the troubled 1930s. Here's some from only yesterday, courtesy of the spokesman of the PP party in Congress: Podemos has nothing to do with social democracy. They're old-style communists, trained in Marxist-Leninism, with Venezuelan ideologues as their reference, and financed with Iranian money. I expect the evidence will be coming along soon.
A just-elected counsellor who stupidly put some tendentious jokes on the internet has been forced to resign. If only he'd merely plundered the city coffers, nothing would have happened. So he deserves to go, for poor judgement.
Recent T-shirt sightings:-
- I'm not perfect
- Follow your dreams
- I'M WORKING ON MYSELF FOR MYSELF BY MYSELF
- 'Take it easy, Doc. You're boldly going where no man has gone before!'
- 'Did you find Amelia Earhart yet?'
- 'Can you hear me NOW?'
- 'Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?'
- 'You know, in Arkansas, we're now legally married.'
- 'Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?'
- 'You put your left hand in, you take your left hand out....'
- 'Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!'
- 'If your hand doesn't fit, you must quit!'
- 'Hey Doc, let me know if you find my dignity.'
- 'You used to be an executive at Enron, didn't you?'
- 'Could you write a note for my wife saying that my head is not up there?'
This list is shamelessly lifted from an article by Dave Barry in, of course, The Colonoscopy Journal. A favourite of mine. It arrives, of course, in a bum wrap.