Dawn

Dawn

Thursday, July 16, 2020

Thoughts from Pontevedra, Galicia, Spain: 16.7.20

Night’s candles are burnt out, and jocund day

Stands tiptoe on the misty mountain tops.


Spanish life is not always likeable but it is compellingly loveable.   


- Christopher Howse: 'A Pilgrim in Spain'  


By the time you read this I should be several hours into a road trip to Bordeaux, en route to Gouda in the Nederlands. 


My Dutch houseguest is supplying the car and he insists on leaving at 4am. His custom, he says. Strange volk, the Dutch. His forenames are Petrus Hendrikus Auke Maria, for god's sake . . . 


I don't have time to write a post for tomorrow. So, I've added to this blog all the Labels I used to have, so  that, if you have withdrawal symptoms, you can dip into these selecting your subject on the right of this text. 

But I must confess I stopped allocating Labels several years ago. So the posts which appear under each one are old. But possibly still relevant.

Enjoy!


No comments: