Dawn

Dawn

Thursday, February 19, 2004

Things happen here from time to time for which there is no ready explanation. I noted a couple of weeks ago that Telefonica sneaked into their last phone bill a circular saying that, unless, I wrote to them asking them to desist, they would sell my details to all and sundry. Not only was there no pre-paid reply envelope included, there was no bloody envelope at all. But, anyway, I sent off a letter and today I received a personalised registered/certificated letter from them saying that they had got my request and would act on it. So, having annoyed me but saved themselves the cost of a reply envelope, they have now incurred the higher expense of a registered letter. I can only suppose that the [data protection?] law obliges them to do this, whereas only common sense dictates that they show some consumer orientation in the first place. No contest, even in Spain.

My daughter happened upon a spinning class in the gym yesterday. The fifteeen participants all sat on cycles around a sadist in the centre who screamed orders at them – basically FASTER!! And SLOWER!! Like demented hamsters on individual treadmills, she said. It takes all sorts.

Wordwatch
Un flirt – Guess
Flirtear – To flirt. Of course.
Un reality – Short for un reality show

No comments: