Spanish life is not always likeable but it is compellingly loveable.
- Christopher Howse: A Pilgrim in Spain.
- Something interesting to see in Caceres.
- News of competition to Spain's national rail carrier, RENFE
- Tackling winter like a native. Maybe.
- The PSOE government's Agenda for Change. Ambitious but possibly less challenging than what Mrs May's got on her plate.
- Oh, dear. There's someone even more sceptical about the Union and the euro ('a mindless idea') than either Ambrose Evans Pritchard or Don Quijones. Or me.
Brits in the EU post Brexit
- An estimated 45,000 British adults in the Netherlands could expect a letter to arrive before Brexit day from the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service that would serve as a temporary residence permit, in the event of the UK leaving the EU without a deal. British nationals, during a 15-month Dutch transition period, would receive a further letter inviting them to apply for a residence permit at a cost of €57, the standard cost for EU nationals.The guarantee applies to non-EU family members of British citizens. The offer follows similar decisions from Italy and Germany, while the French government has said it would guarantee the residence, employment and welfare rights of 160,000 resident British citizens living in France, as long as the UK made a reciprocal offer to French expatriates. And Spain??
- Trump went on another Twitter rampage on Monday and he didn’t just kill irony, he killed it, set the body on fire and shot it into space. The most dishonest man ever to occupy the White House actually accused others of not caring about the truth and becoming “crazed lunatics.” Seriously.
- The other day, Trump told what was perhaps his most ridiculous lie ever (and imagine the competition for that) when he said that former presidents had told him that they wished they had built a border wall. No thinking person could possibly have believed him, and now all four living ex-presidents have officially denied telling him that. Trump has told a staggering number of lies, but this one may be the most shameless because it’s so easily checked and proven to be a lie.
© [David] Colin Davies